Wage and Hour Issues With On-Call Employees
Learn the appropriate circumstances that non-exempt employees can be designated as on-call and how to avoid potential pitfalls. Employers and human resources professionals need to be wary of on-call time as an area that can make calculating overtime a major challenge. Renowned wage and hour attorney Mark E. Tabakman will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of what the flashpoint issues are related to on-call time and when those issues may turn into significant problems for an employer. Mark will offer practical advice alongside insightful case studies and analysis so professionals will be able to proactively identify problem areas and fix them.
Who should attend?
- Applicable Legal Principles
- Waiting to Be Engaged vs. Engaged to Be Waiting
- Definition of on Call Time
- Importance of Correctly Characterizing Such TimeFactors
- Response Time: The Crucial Test
- Other Components/IssuesLiability Potentials/Proactive Measures
- Damages Assessment
- Litigation Scenarios
- Proactive Implementation of Policy: The Cure
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...