The Alignment of Title Reports and Land Surveys
Understand key provisions of titles and surveys and the consequences and strategies for the included parties.
Surveys and title reports, though prepared from different vantages, share a trait that those who purchase and finance real estate often lack. They reveal critical information about the real estate that only the professional provider can deliver after an investigation and analysis of the public land title records and the site. However, the formats of the informational reports themselves are stylized. This course will explain how to focus on the key provisions of the title commitment and policy and features of the survey. The material will also suggest consequences and strategies for the parties to the transaction. Using the latest American Land Title Association policy and endorsement forms, the material will offer forms of title insurance coverage available in the marketplace.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for attorneys, presidents, vice presidents, architects, developers, engineers, planners, real estate professionals, government officials, lenders, property managers, surveyors, project managers, planning and zoning board members, and land use officials.
Types of Surveys
- ALTA/NSPS Survey
- Other Survey Certificates
- Mortgage Inspections
- Historical Background
- Land Division Instruments
- Metes and Bounds
- Surface Area Descriptions
- Riparian Descriptions
Title Reports and Title Insurance
- Component Parts of Title Insurance Explained
- Endorsements That Expand Coverage
- Title Insurer Criteria for Obtaining Endorsements
- Alternative Forms of Survey Coverage
- Survey Coverage Changes in ALTA Policies Adopted July 2, 2021
Matching the Survey With the Title Commitment
- How to Resolve Discrepancies
- Gaps and Overlaps
- Role and Scope of Curative Affidavits
- Working With the Title Agent
Sample Survey Review
- Spotting Issues
- Disregarding Minutiae
- Easement Menagerie
- Building Setback Lines and Restrictions
- Subsurface and Airspace Issues
Certification / Credits
Credits: CLE, ENG
- You will be able to describe what the survey should contain to maximize title insurance coverage.
- You will be able to explain the key features of the land survey and the title report.
- You will be able to identify what a legal description must contain to enable deeds and mortgages to effectuate a transfer of, and mortgage against, the title, respectively.
- You will be able to recognize important features of land surveys and title insurance in the marketplace.
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...