Technology Ethics for the Attorney
Understand your ethical duties and precautions to take when utilizing various technological resources. Many lawyers are unfamiliar with the nuances of computer technology and data security essential to comply with 21st century ethic rules. There are many hidden dangers in frequently used tools and platforms, including email, social-media and “The Cloud.” This topic helps attorneys in law firms and legal departments learn about risks of which they may not be aware. The topic also explains some suggested practices and solutions. With law firms a prime target of hackers, now more than ever attorneys must be vigilant as to client data and firm/department technology resources. This information is critical for attorneys to become more sophisticated in risk management in various technology contexts.
Who should attend?
- Information Security and Data Privacy as to Clients' and Law Firm's Confidential Information
- Intro Re: Ethical Duties as to Confidentiality and Competency and as to Privacy Law
- Mobility/Travel Tips, Including as to Privacy Screens and Open Wi-Fi
- Various Measures, Including: Two-Factor Authentication; and Training as to Phishing/ Social-Engineering Schemes
- Other Email Concerns, Including Bcc's, Reply-All and Metadata ScrubbingSocial Media
- Solicitation Rules
- Disclaimers as to Legal Advice
- Avoiding Clients' Spoliation
- Communications With Others, Including JurorsThe Cloud
- Quick Intro to Duty of Reasonable Care
- Ways to Meet Duty of Diligence/Supervision as to Service Providers
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...