Running an Effective and Ethical Workers' Compensation Program
Reduce workers' compensation insurance costs while maintaining ethical settlement practices.
This topic is designed for all interested workers’ compensation stakeholders who are interested in reducing program costs while at the same time promoting ethical settlement practices. An emphasis will be placed on the value of employees in the process and how to protect and serve them both before and after a work injury through injury prevention, response and return to work. There will also be a review of how to maintain an effective workers’ compensation program while meeting the challenges of The Grand Bargain.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for
- workers' compensation managers
- human resource managers
- benefits administrators
- risk and claims managers
- safety directors
- business owners and managers
- controllers and attorneys.
Understanding Workers' Compensation – the Grand Bargain
- The Ancient Roots of Workers' Compensation
- Development of Workers' Compensation in the United States
- Challenges for Workers' Compensation in the Post-Industrial Era
- The Dangers of Denying All Claims
Protecting Your Most Valuable Asset – Injury Prevention Developing an Injury Prevention Plan
- Review of Workplace Safety
- Addressing Common Safety Concerns
- Employee Buy-in and Implementation
Conducting a Complete Injury Investigation
- Why Should I Investigate?
- Witness Identification
- Documentary Evidence
- Other Sources of Case Information
Reduce Program Costs Through Effective Return to Work
- Benefits of RTW in a Workers' Compensation Program
- Creative Solutions
- Ticket-To-Work and Work on Loan
Other Issues in Workers' Compensation
- Opioids and Medical Marijuana
- Use of Mediation to Settle Cases
- Medicare Secondary Payer and Coordination of Benefits
Certification / Credits
- You will be able to review the ancient roots of workers’ compensation.
- You will be able to discuss developing an injury prevention plan.
- You will be able to explain how to conduct a complete injury investigation.
- You will be able to identify how to reduce program costs through effective return to work.
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...