Principles of Lean Building Design
Gain valuable instruction on applying lean methodologies in commercial design and construction.
Over the past 50 years, the design and construction industry has maintained a flat or declining level of productivity, while productivity in every other non-agricultural industry has doubled. Seventy percent of commercial construction projects are delivered over budget, over schedule, or both. We are members of a broken industry, and it is time we learned a new way of doing things. Lean principles of continuous improvement, respect for people, waste identification and elimination, value creation, and collaboration have been adapted to the design and construction industry to help us do just that.
This material will provide valuable instruction on applying lean methodologies in commercial design and construction. You will acquire a foundational understanding of the structure, vocabulary, and operation of a lean project, as well as a basic understanding of the typical tools employed to create a lean environment, such as target value delivery, big room methodology, and the Last Planner® system.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for
- construction professionals
- project managers
- principals and planners.
- What's in It for Me?
Building Your Team
- Contract Types
- Selection Process
- Rapid Creation of High Performing Teams
- Establishing Targets and Metrics – Conditions of Satisfaction
Tools of Lean Building Design and Construction
- Last Planner® System
- Big Room Methodology
- Target Value Delivery
Certification / Credits
- You will be able to define lean building design, target value delivery, and big room methodology.
- You will be able to describe how the discussed tools help a project team establish a lean environment, driving toward innovation and value delivery.
- You will be able to identify the methods employed to break down organizational silos and align the goals of all project team members.
- You will be able to discuss the benefits and challenges of different project delivery structures for a lean implementation.
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...