Practical Tools and Techniques for Reducing Anxiety
Gain the tools needed to leverage your body and mind to cope most effectively during challenging times.
The COVID-19 pandemic has increased stress and strain on a global scale, and our personal and professional well-being relies on our ability to identify and manage it. Join Dr. Aaron Weiner, board-certified counseling psychologist, for a focused course in the underlying purpose of anxiety and stress and how we can leverage our bodies and minds to cope most effectively during challenging times.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for all professional individuals across all industries.
Current Anxiety Trends During COVID-19, and How They Have Impacted the Workplace
Understanding Stress, Anxiety, Avoidance, and Safety Behaviors
- Evolutionary Purpose of Stress and Anxiety
- Stress – More Biological
- Anxiety – More Cognitive
- The Reinforcing Nature of Avoidance
- Safety Behaviors and Objects
Techniques and Approaches to Reduce Stress and Anxiety
- Stress Reduction Techniques
- Grounding/Mindfulness (Activate Parasympathetic Nervous System)
- Diaphragmatic Breathing/ 4-Square Breathing
- Mindfulness Meditation/Apps
- Anxiety/Fear Reduction Techniques (Cognitive Shifts)
- Cognitive Change - Teaching Yourself/Exposures
- Cognitive Distractions for Thought Spirals
- Gratefulness Activities
Questions and Answers
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...