Payroll and IRS Form 941 Update
Understand the new tax credits for COVID-19 and how to report them on Form 941 and review the new Form 7200 for 2021.
Learn about the updates to consider with IRS Form 941, which is essential in payroll for your employees. Form 941 is an essential form for all employers that pay employees and withhold federal and FICA (social security and Medicare) taxation. In recent years, several changes to Form 941 have made it difficult to understand. The importance of reconciliation and completing not only Form 941 but Schedule B is becoming increasingly important for employers to avoid costly disputes with the IRS resulting in penalties and interest. This topic will explain proper withholding taxation so you can better understand the importance of withholding and reporting and ensure that Form 941 is always accurate.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for
- human resource managers
- employee relations managers
- personnel managers
- business owners and managers
- team leaders
- payroll professionals
- vice presidents
- Calculating Taxable Earnings
- IRS Definition of Taxable Earnings
- Fair Market Value
- Fringe Benefit Taxation
Social Security and Medicare Taxes
- Tax Calculation Examples
Form 941 Basic Requirements
- Reporting Requirements
- Form 941 Due Dates
- Electronic Filing
- Signing Requirements
COVID-19 Legislation That Impacts 2020 and 2021 Reporting
Line by Line Review and Details of 2021 New Form 941 and the Extended COVID-19 Credits
- Schedule B Requirements and Tips
- Reconciliation of Form 941 and W-2s at Year End
- 941-X Forms and How to Deal With Them
- IRS Notices, Disputes, and How to Deal With Them
Certification / Credits
- You will be able to define withholding taxes.
- You will be able to review tax calculation examples.
- You will be able to identify the basic requirements for Form 941.
- You will be able to discuss COVID-19 legislation that impacts 2020 and 2021 reporting.
About Lorman Education Services
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...