New York's New Parental Leave Law: What You Need to Know
Gain an understanding of New York’s new parental leave law and learn how to keep your company compliant. New York has just become the fifth state to mandate paid leave providing up to 12 weeks of paid time off to bond with a new child (including adopted or foster children), or to care for a gravely ill child, in addition to other family leave. Unlike the Family and Medical Leave Act, which has always been a challenge to administer, the New York law provides greater challenges. It includes companies with fewer than 50 employees, covers employees even if they have not been employed by a company for more than a year or worked a certain number of hours, and the leave is paid. This topic helps the persons responsible for leave administration to plan and prepare for the implementation of this law, which will be effective on January 1, 2018. The topic provides an overview of current laws governing parental leave and then turns to an overview of the new New York law. You will gain an understanding of the new leave requirements, what employers are covered, what employees are eligible and how this interacts with laws already on the books. Now is the time to develop the policies and procedures to make this new law work for your company.
Who should attend?
- OverviewWhat Are the Current Parental Leave Laws in New York?
- Child Care, Pregnancy and Bonding Leave Under the FMLA
- Pregnancy Leave Protections Under the ADA and State and Local Laws
- Short Term Disability and Parental LeaveWhat Is the New Parental Leave in New York?
- Who Is Covered by State Mandated Paid Family Leave?
- How Much Leave Is Provided?
- How Much and How Are Employee's Paid?Getting Ready for the New Parental Leave in New York?
- When Is It Effective?
- What Are the Employer Obligations?
- What Are the Employee Obligation?
- What Should Be in a Parental Leave Policy?
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...