Managing Employees With Preexisting Injuries and Other Disability Accommodation Issues
Make sense of the gray areas when it comes to preexisting injuries. Get proactive approaches to avoid workers’ compensation claims before they happen. There is no amount of prior planning or safety protocols that can completely eliminate injuries and disabilities from the workforce, and employers who are faced with these issues need to have the tools to make informed decisions and limit company liability. This topic will explore the most common issues that employers of all sizes face in dealing with employees (and prospective employees) who have preexisting injuries, are injured on the job, or who require an accommodation for an injury or disability that is not job-related. This topic will also explore how company liability can be limited through prior planning and proactive policy implementation.
Who should attend?
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Who Is Covered by the ADA and How Does It Interact With State Law and Workers' Compensation Provisions?
- What Constitutes a Reasonable Accommodation Under the ADA and Sometimes More Restrictive State Law?
- What Do Employers Need to Know About Amendments That Have Been Made to the ADA and What Can They Do to Comply?Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Who Is Covered by FMLA, and When Should an Accommodation Take the Form of a Leave of Absence?
- Are Employers Covered by the FMLA Required to Offer Disabled Employees Open-Ended Protected Leaves of Absence?Legal Obligations to Employees Injured on the Job
- What Obligations Do Employers Have When Put on Notice That an Employee Has Suffered an Industrial Injury?
- How Does the Compensation Bargain Limit Employer Liability of Work-Related Injuries?
- How Long Do Employers Have to Hold Open an Injured Worker's Job While He Recovers From an Industrial Injury?
- Understanding the Difference Between an Accommodation for Workers' Compensation and ADA PurposesTips for Getting Injured Workers Back to Work
- Controlling Medical Treatment With the Goal of Returning Injured Workers to Work
- Identifying and Addressing the Issue Malingerers
- Understanding the Employment Law Ramifications of Accommodating Temporary vs. Permanent Work RestrictionsHow Lawful Written Policies Can Mitigate Exposure
- Understanding the Importance of Implementing and Maintaining an Up-to-Date Employee Handbook
- Addressing Policy Issues That Are Encountered by Employers Who Operate in Multiple Jurisdictions
- Avoiding Policies That Contractually Obligate the Employer Beyond What Is Required by Law
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...