Manage Your Risk With Concurrent Client Conflicts
Understand how to identify and address concurrent client conflicts of interest to avoid any associated repercussions. Conflicts between the interests of current clients are a persistent risk, particularly at large firms with numerous clients and global practices, and firms specializing in certain niche industries and issues. Understanding how to identify and address concurrent client conflicts of interest to maintain client relationships, comply with ethical obligations, and avoid litigation with a client, is an important aspect to the modern practice of law. This topic helps attorneys understand how to use conflict-checking systems to manage concurrent client conflicts and explains the factors to consider when identifying whether there is a concurrent client conflict. Because failing to accurately identify and address potential concurrent client conflicts may result in disqualification, sanctions, malpractice claims, and considerable damage to client relationship, there are various tools and approaches attorneys and law firms may employ to address conflicts.
Who should attend?
- Identifying Concurrent Conflicts of Interest
- Model Rules of Professional Conduct – Rule 1.7: Conflict of Interest – Current Clients
- Transactional Conflicts
- Business Conflicts
- Other Concurrent Conflicts-Testimonial; Guardian-Ward ConflictsChallenges to Conflicts Practices
- Conflict Checks: Identifying Representation That Is "Directly Adverse"
- Mitigating Conflicts: Waiver and Ethical Screens
- Sanctions for Conflicts: Disqualification and MalpracticeBest Practices for Managing Conflicts
- Effective Conflict-Checking Systems
- Establishing a Written Record
- Executing Conflict Waivers and Enacting Ethical Screens
- Business Relationship With Clients
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...