IRS Form 1099 From the Inside Out: Reporting Updates
Learn how to properly handle the difficult issue of disciplining employees for conduct outside of the workplace. Don’t make costly mistakes. Learn the legal rights and responsibilities of employers in disciplining employees for conduct outside of work. Learn about recent legislation and court cases involving some of the hottest topics in employment law, including employee discipline for blogging, web-based employer trashing, workplace dating and extramarital affairs, and physical appearance such as weight, tattoos and body piercing. Our experienced professionals will discuss permissible discipline for employees violating conflict of interest policies, including engaging in unfair competition with the employer. Understand how a growing number of states are protecting employee off-duty conduct by providing an overview of state employee lifestyle statutes. For union employers, these topics will be discussed in the context of defending against employee grievances.
Who should attend?
- Discipline for Conduct Outside Workplace Generally
- Required Connection to the Workplace
- Overview of State Lifestyle StatutesDiscipline Based on Speech
- Blogging and Web-Based Employer TrashingDiscipline Based on Lifestyle Choices
- Political Activity
- Dating and Extramarital Affairs
- Criminal, Financial and Litigation History
- Use of Drugs and Alcohol
- Activities Related to Sexual Orientation
- Physical Appearance (Weight, Tattoos, Piercings, Dress, etc.)
- Other Lifestyle ChoicesDiscipline Based on Conflicts of Interest
- Unfair Competition With Employer
- Disclosure of Trade Secret, Confidential or Proprietary InformationDiscipline of Union Employees
- Off-Duty Misconduct Away From Workplace and on Company Premises
- Off-Duty Misconduct Prior to Employment
- Criminal Proceedings Against Employee
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...