Implementing Skip-Level Meetings to Gain Insight at Your Organization
Trust your employees. Gain insight and learn many things about your team with skip-level meetings. Done well, skip-level meetings can inspire, engage, motivate and inform the skipper, skippee, and even the skipped. On the other hand, poorly run skip level meetings inadvertently bring on “Diaper Genie” feedback and diminish trust. This topic helps team leaders conduct effective skip-level meetings that lead to meaningful progress in projects and relationships, and that are not considered a waste of time.
Who should attend?
- Do Your Home Work
- Know Something About the People Attending
- Bring Along a Note TakerMake It Personal
- Begin With an Engaging and Positive Start
- People Like to Share What They Are Good atRelate Through Stories
- Reinforce Key Messages
- Tell Stories Strategically
- Summarize the ThemesAsk Positively Framed Open-Ended Questions
- Frame Questions in a Positive Light
- Sample QuestionsFollow up
- Share a Summary of Your Notes and Key Takeaways
- Be Curious Not Accusatory
- Remember There Are Always Many Interpretations of Every Story
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...