How to Deal with Clashing Coworkers
Learn how to identify conflict between employees and discover effective ways to resolve workplace disputes.
Employee conflict costs organizations money, morale, and productivity. A rise in absenteeism and turnover is a likely sign that an organization is suffering from unresolved conflict. This topic will teach you how to handle conflict caused by the tasks of the job and relationships with coworkers. Learn how to evaluate the seriousness of the conflict and how to appropriately intervene. In addition, the role of emotional intelligence, confronting employees in conflict, and dealing with common issues of conflict at all levels of the organization will be considered.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for
- team leaders
- business owners and managers
- vice presidents
- human resource managers and others with management responsibilities.
Getting to the Root of the Problem
- Task Disputes
- Relationship Disputes
Types of Conflict
- Sexual, Racial and Ethnic Harassment
- Workplace Bullying
- Personality Clashes
- Power Struggles
- Other Forms of Harassment
Casual Workplace Irritations
- Blips vs. Clashes
- Using Natural Biological Tendencies to Resolve Conflict
- Using Time to Work It out
- Eliminating Power Plays
- Managerial Intervention
- Cost of Conflict
The Role of Emotional Intelligence
- Recognizing One's Own Feelings
- Recognizing Others' Feelings
- Accountability Conversations
- Active Listening
- Giving Voice to Those in Conflict
- Brainstorming Solutions
- Reality Checks
Team Building Exercises
- Appealing to the Greater Good
- Showing Interdependence
- Empowering Teams
Different Levels of Organizational Conflict
- Interpersonal Conflict
- Intradepartmental Conflict
- Interdepartmental Conflict
Common Issues in Organizational Conflict
- Employee Needs
- Decision Making Techniques
- Silo Effect
Certification / Credits
- You will be able to recognize types of conflict.
- You will be able to review different levels of organizational conflict.
- You will be able to discuss the role of emotional intelligence.
- You will be able to identify casual workplace irritations.
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...