Hiring and Firing in FloridaLorman Education Services
Hiring and Firing in Florida
Understand the legal landscape for hiring and firing, and ensure you remain current and carry out decisions effectively.
Florida employers face a myriad of state and federal laws and legal requirements when hiring and firing employees. Human resource professionals, line management, and legal departments must understand and comply with the laws as they evolve and change. Mistakes can be costly with lost productivity, diverted management, low morale, and protracted lawsuits. This course will help you review and update your knowledge and skills to hire and fire in Florida within legal requirements and assess and update employer policies. Learn practical solutions to common compliance issues. Feel more confident when documenting and making adverse hiring and firing decisions that make business sense and can withstand legal challenges. The material will review the legal landscape in Florida for hiring and firing, including righttowork, atwill employment, common law requirements, interview dos and donts, job offers, background checks, fitnessforduty checks, onboarding, restrictive covenants, trade secrets, workplace discrimination, retaliationwhistleblower, progressive discipline, exit interviews, RIFjob elimination, unemployment claims, and more. This information is critical for employers to ensure key decisionmakers remain current and carry out hiring and firing decisions effectively. This course combines a legal overview with a practical application of the legal requirements to multiple hirefire situations employers face regularly.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for human resource professionals, business owners and managers, benefits and payroll professionals, operations managers, presidents, vice presidents, supervisors, managers, controllers, accountants, and attorneys.
Review Florida/Federal Law
- Statutes Applicable to Sourcing, Interviewing, and Hiring Employees
- Statutes Applicable to Discipline and Discharge of Employees
- Common Law, Restrictive Covenants, and Other Legal Considerations
How to Keep a Hiring From Backfiring
- Legal and Illegal Interview Questions and Common Mistakes
- Documenting and Defending Decisions Not to Hire
- Offer Letters, References, and Agreements
How to Lawfully Discipline and Discharge an Employee
- Performance/Policy/Progressive Discipline and Warnings
- Staff Reductions/RIF/Layoff
- Defensible and Documented Decisions With Business Rationale
- Exit Interviews and How to Protect the Company
- Releases, Benefits, Severance, and Unemployment
- Remaining Employees
- Restrictive Covenant Agreements
- Unemployment and Other Claims
- Reference and Reemployment
Certification / Credits
Credits: CLE ,HR Certification Institute ,CPE ,SHRM
- You will be able to define the different private sector laws that govern hiring and firing in Florida.
- You will be able to describe legal and unlawful questions and subjects for a job interview.
- You will be able to explain why some background check reports must comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- You will be able to recognize key issues and properly document and manage employee discharges based on job performance, policy violations, RIF, position elimination, or layoff.
About Lorman Education Services
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...
Lorman Education Services
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team