Handling Difficult Personalities and Behaviors in the Workplace
Understand the different personality types and learn the methods for engaging in conflict productively. At work and in our personal lives we are often faced with challenging personalities and difficult situations. People often leave these interactions feeling deflated and defeated, wishing they could go back and have a do-over. Through a better understanding of yourself, other personality types, and the basic patterns of conflict, you can prepare for these interactions and enter them with skill and confidence. This topic will explore different personality types, methods for dealing with each, as well as proven methods for engaging in conflict productively. You will gain practical knowledge and skills you can apply right away in the workplace and your personal life. This information will help you better understand your own communication and interaction style and will help you work better with colleagues, family members and friends.
Who should attend?
- All Kinds of People out There
- What Shapes Our Personality?
- How Much Control Do We Have Over Our Personality?
- How to Manage Our Behaviors, Even If It's Not What Comes "Naturally"Personality Types
- Diagram of Main Personality Types
- Suggestions for How to Best Interact With Each
- How to Build Your Skills in Dealing With Each TypeBuilding a Respectful Work Environment
- Avoiding Issues of Harassment or Discrimination
- How to Actively Create a Respectful Work Environment
- What to Do When Mistakes HappenHow to Engage in Productive Conflict
- Make Others Feel Heard
- Listen for Interests Behind Demands
- Work to Reach Mutually Acceptable Solutions
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...