Handling Conflict Between Managers and Their Direct ReportsLorman Education Services
Handling Conflict Between Managers and Their Direct Reports
Learn essential skills to resolve conflicts with direct reports.
Conflict between managers and direct reports is as old as the first human business enterprise. Despite the inevitability of conflict, many managers are never trained in the basics of conflict resolution. During this course, you will learn the six essential skills to resolve conflicts with direct reports.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for supervisors, team leaders, business owners and managers, presidents, vice presidents, and human resource professionals.
- What Causes Conflict With a Direct Report?
- Understanding the Four Options for Resolving Conflict
- Outside Authority
- The First Rule of Conflict Resolution: De-Escalate, Then Problem Solve
- Humans Are 98% Emotional and 2% Rational
- All Conflict Is Emotional
- You Cannot Solve an Emotional Problem With Logic and Reasoning
- The Four Levels of Reflective Listening
- Core Messaging
- Affect Labeling
- Using You Statements, Never I Statements
- The Problem-Solving Continuum
- Least Directive to Most Directive
- Do You Need a Mediator?
- The Critical Importance of Agreements
- Elements of a Good Agreement
- Agreements Set Expectations
- Agreements Provide Standards of Behavior
- Agreements Consider Potential Obstacles
- Agreements Consider Failure and What to Do About It
Certification / Credits
Credits: ASA ,HR Certification Institute ,SHRM
- You will be able to discuss the four levels of reflective listening.
- You will be able to explain the four options for resolving conflict.
- You will be able to identify the six essential skills to resolve conflicts with direct reports.
- You will be able to recognize the critical importance of agreements.
About Lorman Education Services
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...
Lorman Education Services
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team