Diversity and Inclusion Fundamentals for Your Law Firm
Everyone in your firm has a special talent; learn how to bring out those gifts and build the best team around you.
When you move beyond the decades-old call for diversity and start inclusion initiatives, you will increase collaboration, innovation, and morale at your firm. In the traditional viewpoint of diversity, individual physical characteristics are identified. Inclusion is making associates included in the planning, goals, and the forward movement of the organization. Diversity refers to the individuals from different backgrounds and ethnicities that form your team or workforce. By embracing the diversity that has been established in the organization and then moving to inclusive initiatives, you, as a manager, will work to treat diverse others with respect and help them reach their potential and work at the top of their capabilities. With inclusion as part of your culture, your firm will be more profitable.
Who should attend?
This program is primarily designed for attorneys. Other legal professionals may also benefit from attending.
Make Inclusion Part of the Firm's Mindset
- Addressing Unconscious Bias
- Solving Complex Issues With Diversity of Thought
- Promoting a Feeling of Belonging to the Group
- Making Connections Intellectually and Emotionally
Features of Inclusive Law Practices
- Culturally Intelligent Employees
- Restraint in Judging Others by Personal Cultural Standards
- Validation of the Unique Attributes Each Associate Brings to the Organization
- Respect for Individual Opinions That May Not Be Mainstream but Could Improve the Outcome
How to Build an Inclusive Culture
- See Inclusion as a Mosaic of New Possibilities
- Use the Power of Gratitude and Recognition
- Respect a Plethora of Education and Life Experiences
- Identify Personality Strengths of Associates
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...