Defending Workers' Compensation Claims
Keep your workers’ compensation cost down by effectively defending the right claim. One of the fastest growing expenses facing employers today is workers’ compensation costs. One of the most important factors in controlling workers’ compensation costs is the identification of claims which should be denied and preparation to defend against such claims. This topic will assist professionals responsible in determining which claims should be defended and which claims should be denied. It will also provide a framework for developing the evidence necessary to defend a claim, preparation for the workers’ compensation hearing and the conduct of the hearing. This topic will be beneficial to seasoned professionals as well as persons who are new to the workers’ compensation arena.
Who should attend?
- Initial Claims Analysis
- Initial Investigation and Information Gathering
- Compensability of the Claim; Injury Arising out of and in the Course of Employment
- Medical Treatment and Return to Work - When Good Claims Turn BadDeveloping Evidence for the Defense
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Vocational RehabilitationPreparation for the Hearing
- Obtaining the Claimant's Medical Records
- Written Discovery
- Witness PreparationConduct of the Hearing
- Presentation of Medical Records
- Claimant's Testimony
- Use of Surveillance
- Presentation of Vocational Evidence
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...