Controlling the Employment Relationship Through Documentation
Learn how to properly document events that occur during all stages of the employment relationship.
Most employers recognize the importance of documenting employee performance concerns during employment. However, proper documentation is essential at each stage of the employment relationship and implicates a myriad of other issues, including pre-employment and post-employment matters. This topic has been designed to provide human resources professionals and managers with a comprehensive overview of employment law issues and best practices with respect to how to properly document events that occur during all stages of the employment relationship, from the applicant’s first interview to the days and weeks after their last day on the company payroll. The material will help you understand how to control the employment relationship through effective and thorough documentation, and you will learn practical tips for identifying what should be documented at each stage of the employment relationship and how to effectively prepare such documentation in order to minimize legal risk.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for
- human resource professionals
- business owners and managers
- vice presidents
- payroll professionals
- personnel managers and attorneys.
- General Employment Policies and Procedures to Avoid Litigation
- Job Descriptions
- Pre-Employment Background Investigations and Drug Tests
- Offer Letters
- Policies and Handbooks
- Wage and Hour
- Employee Discipline and Termination
- Performance Evaluations
- Progressive Discipline
- Review of Discipline Policy
- Documentation for Warnings/Progressive Discipline
- Leaves of Absence
- Reasonable Accommodations and the Interactive Process
- Return to Work
- When to Investigate
- Implementing a Complaint Procedure
- The Purpose of the Investigation
- Conducting the Investigation
- Documenting the Investigation
- Reviewing a Proposed Discharge
- Preparing for the Termination Meeting
- Delivering the News
- Addressing Immediate Security Concerns
- Termination Notices
- Commenting on Former Employees
- Former-Employee Access to Personnel Files
- Key Points to Remember
Certification / Credits
- You will be able to discuss why having proper documentation, discipline, and termination policies are essential at all stages of the employment relationship.
- You will be able to explain when and how to engage in the interactive process with employees who make require reasonable accommodations.
- You will be able to identify what policies and documents are necessary to protect your company from litigation.
- You will be able to recognize when to initiate an internal investigation, and how to properly document investigations.
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...