Construction Certificates of Insurance
Understand the basics of insurance policies available on construction projects, claims that may be covered, and common problems in making claims.
Understand the basics of insurance policies available on construction projects, claims that may be covered, and common problems in making claims. Claims for damage to property or persons often arise in connection with ongoing or completed construction projects. For many of these claims, parties maintain insurance that may potentially provide a source for coverage and recovery for those claims.
This topic will address excess insurance policies, builders’ risk insurance, and errors and omissions (aka professional liability) policies for design professionals and typical exemptions. In a world that is constantly changing, this topic will address some of the latest developments in how federal and some state courts are interpreting insurance contracts. This content will help you understand the basics of insurance policies available on construction projects, the types of claims that may be covered, and common problems in identifying and making claims under those policies.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for
- presidents and vice presidents
- construction and project managers
- risk managers and other construction professionals.
Comprehensive General Liability
- Insureds and Additional Insureds
- Notice and Other Requirements
- Property Damage or Bodily Injury
- Policy Period and Triggers
- Exclusions Typically Involved in Construction Claims
Other Insurance Issues
- Builder's Risk
- Workers' Compensation
- Design Liability
- Excess Coverage
- Other Insurance Coverages
Certification / Credits
- You will be able to define builder’s risk.
- You will be able to identify exclusions typically involved in construction claims.
- You will be able to recognize insurance issues.
- You will be able to discuss subrogation.
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...