Learn how to avoid the traps and get the information you need to be an efficient and ethical collector. Collecting money is increasingly challenging. One of the main rules of collecting is preventing the debtor from sidetracking the process by claiming a violation of any of the regulations protecting the debtor. This topic is designed to show you how to avoid ethical and regulatory traps that can keep you from being an effective collector by understanding the FDCPA, FCRA, ethical rules, trust account procedures, other regulatory issues, and more.
Who should attend?
- Ethical Issues Complying With the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Practical ApplicationsEthical Issues Complying With the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Correcting Reports
- Obtaining Credit Reports
- Permissible Uses of Credit ReportsLegal Ethics for Lawyers and Nonlawyers
- Candor to Tribunals
- Represented Parties
- Unrepresented Parties
- ConflictsEthical Considerations Regarding Trust Accounts
- Recordkeeping and Accounting
- Protection of Funds and Property
- Payment of FeesOther Privacy and Regulatory Issues
- HIPAA and Hitech
- Red FlagsBusiness Ethics and Collections
- Federal Acquisition Regulations Requires Adoption of Code of Conduct
- False Claims Act and Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act
- Responsible Corporate Officer Doctrine
About Lorman Education Services
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Webinars
With more than 27 years spent educating over 1.4 million professionals, Lorman has the experience and expert instructors you need to stay ahead no matter the position or profession. Search from the many courses listed here or contact the customer...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training