Best Practices for Managing Union Employees
Learn a strategic approach to attain positive labor relations while working with a union.
Many employers feel that their hands are tied because of the fact that their workers are represented by a union. They do not understand the rights management has, or can have, under the very same collective bargaining agreement that provides rights to the employees. This topic will help employers understand the steps they can take at the bargaining table to make sure that they are able to effectively and efficiently manage their workforce. We will address the day-to-day issues that employers face when managing a union workforce, including conducting effective investigations that will hold up in the grievance and arbitration process. This information is critical for employers so they can ensure that they are taking all of the appropriate steps to manage their union workforce effectively. We will also address anticipated changes and/or adjustments in managing union employees under the Biden Administration and how to plan accordingly.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for
- human resource managers
- presidents and vice presidents
- benefits and payroll administrators
- personnel managers
- business owners and managers
- accountants and controllers.
Your Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Management Rights Clause
- Seniority Clauses vs. Skill and Ability
- Other Clauses
Discipline in the Bargaining Unit
- Grievance Meetings
- Preparing for Arbitration
Other Issues With Union Employees
- Health/Welfare/Pension Issues
- Interaction With Management
Changes in Union Issues Under Biden Administration
- Change at the NLRB
- Expected NLRB Decision Changes
- Impact of Changes on Employers
Certification / Credits
- You will be able to review your collective bargaining agreement.
- You will be able to discuss discipline in the bargaining unit.
- You will be able to identify other issues with union employees.
- You will be able to describe the changes in union issues under the Biden administration.
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...