Advanced Microsoft® Excel® PivotTables
You know the basics of PivotTables - now become a power user. To be truly proficient in using PivotTables in Excel®, you need to know more than just the basic techniques of creating PivotTables and switching the locations of field. To better use the analytical power of PivotTable tools, you need to master the highly visual presentation tools available through the slicer and timeline features, learn the content expansion capabilities of calculated fields, calculated items, and custom calculations, create external formulas with the GETPIVOTDATA function, and also how to group data based on dates and times, as well as grouping by any criteria you wish. Other features, like drill-down (to see specific source data in a flash), PivotCharts (instant visual support for numerical data), conditional formatting (accentuating results with icons and color variations), and grouping data on an ad hoc basis are also tools that enhance and expand the way you use this powerful feature.
Who should attend?
- Overview of PivotTable ConceptsCalculation Enhancements
- Custom Calculation - % of Row, % of Column and 12 Others
- Inserting a Calculated Field
- Inserting a Calculated ItemAnalytical Tools
- Slicers – Interactive Filtering
- GETPIVOTDATA Function
- Grouping Data by Date and Time
- Grouping Data on an Ad Hoc Basis
- Creating PivotTables Then Consolidate Data From Different Worksheets and Workbooks
- Advantages of Working With Source Data That Has Been Converted to a TableDisplay Enhancements
- Conditional Formatting
- Structured Selection
- Outline vs. Tabular vs. Compact Form
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...