A Manager's Guide to Predictive Scheduling
Understand your employers obligations if any under the predictive scheduling ordinance in your jurisdiction.
Many local governments are enacting predictive scheduling ordinances which create new obligations for employers regarding how to schedule pay and even hire new employees. These ordinances vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction leaving many employers confused as to whether an ordinance applies to them which employees may be entitled to the rights outlined in the ordinance and how to comply. This topic will help those responsible for employee scheduling and payroll practices understand whether they are subject to predictive scheduling and what their obligations are under the applicable ordinance.
This material will walk through the major provisions in these ordinances such as advanced notice of work schedules penalties owed for untimely changes to schedules and exceptions to the penalties. The topic will also review tagalong provisions which require a premium rate for shifts scheduled close together or mandate that an employer must first offer open shifts to existing employees before they can hire new workers.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for
- team leaders
- employee relations managers
- human resource managers.
Certification / Credits
- You will be able to discuss the various provisions common to the predictive scheduling ordinances appearing around the country.
- You will be able to explain when work schedules of covered employees must be posted and any penalties for changes to those schedules after the posting deadlines.
- You will be able to identify your employers obligations if any under the predictive scheduling ordinance in your jurisdiction.
- You will be able to review the predictive schedule ordinance(s) applicable to your workforce with an understanding of the significance of various provisions.
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...