Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
This Law-Making course will cover:
Introduction to Law-Making
- Sources and Origins of Law
- Types of Law
- The Common Law system
- Continental legal systems and the Napoleonic Code
- Law and the constitution
- Key legal principles examined from English criminal law, law of torts, contract law
The Law Makers – Government Systems Compared
- Institutions of government
- Separation of powers
- Role of the Judiciary
- How the Legislature functions
- The Westminster model
- The presidential system
- Scrutiny of the Law Makers
Effective Policy Making
- What is policy?
- Sources of policy
- Role and responsibilities in policy making
- Setting policy priorities
- The process of turning policy into new laws
- Gaining buy-in to legal change
The Law-Making process
- From policy to the draft Bill
- Who does what in making legislation?
- Stages of the process
- Legislative timetables
- Assessing regulatory impact
- How the Bill team functions
Getting Results with Law-Making
- Constraints on the process of making laws
- Amending and developing the law
- Compliance and enforcement
- Avoidance and evasion
- Is legal compliance voluntary?
Please contact us for more information on pricing.
Why choose LCT International?
We have trained over 2,500 delegates from almost 600 client organisations
Complimentary Heathrow transfer (one-way)
Endorsed by various organisational and subject specific accrediting bodies
Contact this provider
London Corporate Training (LCT)
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...