Certificate in Transport Security
Transport security is a wide area - from the safety of of the basic infrastructure of terminals, ports and harbours, to the safety of the shipping company, the crew, the ship, and its systems. It is extremely important that everyone working the industry are aware not only of the fundamentals of transport security, but also the regulatory issues, the latest dangers, and the methods of dealing with risk. This programme will cover topics such as maritime security, information and data security and more.
This is a part-time course delivered with the support of leading industry experts online and over duration of 14 weeks.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Port managers, terminal managers, and harbour masters
- Head of Security / Head of Safety ashore
- Shipboard personnel, ship owners, fleet managers, commercial managers and office staff
- Marine insurers, risk managers, crisis management professionals, and consultants
- Armed response teams and officers
- New entrants to the maritime security industry, including those from a security background who require more information on maritime logistics
The training modules for this course are as follows:
- Maritime Transport Security: an overview
- Maritime Security
- Security Control Measures and Risk Mitigation
- Information and Data Security
- Piracy and Terrorism
- Crisis Management and Business Continuity Planning
- Laws and Regulations Concerning Transport Security
The cost of this course is £1439.10 + VAT.
Contact this provider
Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy was born from Lloyd’s List. Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the trusted brand for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed.We are stepping up investment...