Communicate to Transfer Meaning
Highly interactive, skill-based, and evidence-based learning workshop incorporates all elements of the Knowles Adult Learning Model, including many of the following elements: Class discussion, Visual (slides, video,flip chart / whiteboard), Object demonstration, Academic research results, Small group discussion, Socratic Questioning, Simulation – Experiential, Humor, Case studies, Self-assessment, Self-reflection workbook exercises, Lecture.
Eligible for CEU credit from University of Oklahoma.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all employees, leaders, managers, and supervisors.
- Discuss elements of communication including encoding, decoding, noise, channels, verbal and non-verbal, body language.
- Humorous video clip: Assumptions!
- Small group exercise: the Cash Register Ambiguity
- Discuss active listening steps
- Small group exercise: Groups are given a controversial topic to discuss, to practice their active listening skills.
- Individual Exercise: Discover your “Native Tongue” or style of communicating
- Discuss when to use each style of communication
- Review the various channels of communication (voice, email, text, phone etc.) and discuss which is best used in specific situations.
- Hazardous Conversations: recognize toxins to effective conversations, and what the anti-toxins are.
- Role play in pairs what you have learned
The price of this course is $1900.00.
The price of this course is $1900.00 per workshop
Add $12 per person for workbook printing.
Add travel costs for distances greater than 50 miles from Wilsonville, OR.
Contact this provider
Lighthouse Leadership Training
Lighthouse Leadership’s cadre of master instructors and coaches each have a passion for assisting people rise to greater success in their workplace. Lighthouse is an award-winning best in class training and coaching provider on interpersonal skills. Our talented professionals are...