Planning for Shutdowns, Turnarounds and Outages
After attending this 3-day course, you will save time and money on your next shutdown. Our promise for this program is that you will have a new and deeper understanding of how to effectively manage large maintenance jobs such as power plant outages and refinery refits.
This course is 85% concerned with the time before the shutdown begins. The remaining 15% is the execution tactics to keep the project on course. This course includes specific checklists, procedures, strategies and important outside resources that will improve your current shutdown planning and execution. The course also includes examples to demonstrate the major points.
Upcoming start dates
5 March, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Successful shutdowns, turnarounds and outages require the disciplined application of proven processes and interdepartmental partnerships. It is important for departments that are influenced and impacted by the processes to understand them. People in the following roles should participate in this training:
- Maintenance Planner/Schedulers
- Production Supervisors
- Storeroom Managers
- Maintenance Managers and Supervisors
- Operation Coordinators
- Plant Engineers
- Outage Coordinators
- Reliability Engineers
- Facilities Managers
- Project Managers
- Asset Management Specialists
- Quality Assurance
- Develop a checklist of everything to consider before the shutdown and when to consider it
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your current shutdown effort
- Measure your shutdown efficiency by benchmarking with world-class shutdown strategies
- Formulate good contractor relations to further reliability
- Unearth tools and technologies that can smooth the process and create a backbone for effective plant maintenance and reliability
- Collaborate and balance out contractor engagement and in-house staff to obtain an effective workflow
- Reduce unnecessary costs incurred by properly planning, executing and closing your shutdown
Certification / Credits
All students completing a class at the Life Cycle Institute will receive a certificate of completion awarding CEU’s.
Contact this provider
Life Cycle Institute
Life Cycle Institute is Life Cycle Engineering's human performance practice that integrates learning, change management and project management to teach people how to implement best practices for asset maintenance, reliability engineering and MRO materials management. The Institute offers 16 courses...