Managing a storeroom is a balancing act. Storeroom managers must have the materials available to keep production flowing while minimizing inventory investment.
In this three-day class, you will learn how to ensure the right parts are in the right place at the right time. When you apply the knowledge and skills learned in this class, quality will increase and costs will decrease. You will be able to manage your storeroom in a way that successfully balances the needs of operations and maintenance while optimizing your inventory and carrying costs
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in materials – directly or indirectly -- will find value in Materials Management, including:
- Materials Managers
- Maintenance Manager
- Storeroom Personnel
- Operations Managers
- Discuss the materials management challenges that organizations are facing
- Identify the elements of materials management
- Discuss how Materials Management fits into the overall umbrella of Reliability Excellence
- Discover the characteristics and steps involved in effective materials management processes
- Discuss the basic steps involved in implementing effective Inventory Control best practices
- Summarize the basic steps involved in implementing effective Warehouse Management best practices
- Describe how a CMMS can support materials management processes and best practices
- Identify contributors to total cost of materials
- Practice techniques to manage inventory investment
- Define the standard set of basic materials management key performance indicators
- Develop an (inventory/investment management processes) Action Plan
Certification / Credits
All students completing a class at the Life Cycle Institute will receive a certificate of completion awarding CEU’s.
Contact this provider
Life Cycle Institute
Life Cycle Institute is Life Cycle Engineering's human performance practice that integrates learning, change management and project management to teach people how to implement best practices for asset maintenance, reliability engineering and MRO materials management. The Institute offers 16 courses...