Process Innovation and DesignLean Methods Group
Process Innovation and Design
All available course dates
Process Innovation and Design
Unlike most creativity courses that focus only on idea generation and design courses that focus only on refining existing ideas, this course teaches you a diverse set of tools within a complete roadmap that takes you from problem identification to ideation to implementation to commercialization.
The Innovation and Design Tools course follows a systematic innovation roadmap, D4 (Define, Discover, Develop and Demonstrate) to identify unmet customer needs, generate ideas to fulfill those needs, analyze the most promising solutions and test the end product/process. It enables you to do this within a purely innovation context, or as an enabler to your Lean Six Sigma program or project.
This course offers you the opportunity to work on a real business issue with guidance from the innovation experts behind The Innovator’s Toolkit: 50+ Techniques for Predictable and Sustainable Organic Growth. As a participant, you’ll learn the authors’ unique approach for innovating and designing new products, services, processes and business models.
With a hands-on, applied focus, this course teaches innovation and design tools in a workshop environment—complete with interactive lectures, practice exercises for each tool, simulations, and individualized mentoring on your real problems and challenges. You’ll practice solving mini problems and case studies throughout course and apply the full spectrum of thinking and tools to solve a bigger problem toward the end.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Solve business problems using a variety of innovation and design tools.
- Understand how the outputs of some tools flow as inputs into other tools along the chain of innovation and design.
- Identify unarticulated customer needs and get to the heart of your innovation and design dilemmas.
- Discover alternative solutions using innovative problem-solving tools.
- Develop ideas into solutions and demonstrate success with prototyping and piloting.
- Apply a roadmap for innovation and design to solve business problems with measurable success.
Who should attend?
Innovation & Design Thinking is appropriate for:
- Anyone who needs an innovative approach to problem-solving, or to new product, process or service design.
- Expert problem solvers and Lean Six Sigma practitioners who desire more knowledge, skills and tools.
- Candidates enrolled in Lean Method Group's Master Black Belt or Lean Master program.
- Professionals in R&D, product development, product management and marketing.
The content of this Innovation and Design Tools training course is structured as follows:
- Jobs to be done
- Outcome expectations
- Ideal innovation
- Job scoping
- Kirton Adaption Innovation
- Nine windows
- Resource optimization
- Random stimulus
- Imaginary brainstorming
- Structured abstraction
- Concept tree Six models of thinking
- Function structure
- Morphological Matrix
- Mistake proofing
- Prototyping & piloting
Course delivery details
This course consists of 3.5 hours per day of live virtual classroom for 9 days blended with e-learning coursework.
The cost for the Innovation & Design Thinking course is $3,575.
Why choose Lean Methods Group?
19+ years of global experience
Everything we do is grounded in proven, research-based methodologies to ensure a collaborative experience for extraordinary, sustainable results
Since 1999, we've trained over 7,000 Executives & Champions; 12,000 Green Belts & Lean Leaders; 4,300 Black Belts and 200 Master Black Belts
About Lean Methods Group
Lean Methods Group
Lean Methods Group is a global management consulting ﬁrm specializing in the application of highly collaborative and methodical approaches to business performance improvement. Our business model is simple: we apply Lean methodologies to all aspects of our client's business. Through...
Contact this provider
Average rating 5Based on 3 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...