Change LeadershipLean Methods Group
All available course dates
Advancing a business requires significant change. Many corporate leaders, while well-versed in the more technical skills of implementing a new initiative, aren’t as well-versed in the psychology of change and the process to lead and sustain it.
This five-day Change Leadership course helps you become a stronger and more capable change leader—providing all the knowledge, tools, skills and coaching you need to lead change in your organization.
Most think change is about issuing directives and clearly communicating with stakeholders—but it requires far more. Leading successful and sustainable change requires knowing what you want to accomplish and setting the stage for the change desired. It requires having a detailed plan. You have to know how to overcome the inevitable resistance, effectively manage conflict, and allow people to find a connection to the change and want to commit. And you have to gain insight about yourself so you can become more effective in your communication and interactions with others.
This course focuses on the specific actions and behaviors you’ll need to perform as you lead or participate in change initiatives in your company. The change model you’ll master was derived from the proven work of such experts as John Kotter, Kenneth Thomas and Ralph Kilmann.
Through a workshop environment, you participate in powerful games, exercises, evaluations, practice sessions, meaningful interactions, and a patented and very effective computer simulation called Change Pro®.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Lead and implement change efforts at multiple levels within their organization.
- Recognize and implement the key elements that make change sustainable.
- Develop and implement a change strategy and plan.
- Develop a vision and unify people behind it.
- Analyze the position of key stakeholders and the keys to influencing them in the right direction.
- Identify and avoid the top eight mistakes of change.
- Identify resistance and create strategies to overcome it.
- Identify and manage conflict for positive results.
Who should attend?
Change Leadership is appropriate for:
- Anyone leading change in an organization.
- Candidates in the Lean Methods Group's Lean Master and Master Black Belt development programs.
- Black Belts and Green Belts who want to develop their leadership abilities.
The content of this Change Leadership training course is structured as follows:
Change Begins with Change Leaders
- Key elements of leadership
- The four social styles
- How to maximize style strengths and minimize social-style weaknesses
- How to accurately assess and adapt to another’s social style
- How to increase the effectiveness of team interactions to avoid vicious cycle behaviors
- How to assess the change initiative Factors that determine change complexity
- Key system factors that enable change
- Eight mistakes of transformational change
Sharing the Vision
- Understanding the need for a vision
- How to create a vision
- How to deliver a vision
Inspiring a Burning Platform
- Identifying a burning platform
- What motivates people
- Understanding that change is a process
- Understanding the change curve
- Understanding and adapting to conflict modes
- Recognizing resistance and developing strategies to overcome it
- Force Field Analysis of resistance
Institutionalizing the New Process and Leveraging Communication
- Changing systems and structures
- Building a change strategy and plan
- Developing an action plan for the change initiative
- Understanding what prevents change from sticking
Course delivery details
This course consists of 6 hours per day of live virtual classroom for 5 days blended with e-learning coursework.
The cost for the Change Leadership course is $3,750.
Why choose Lean Methods Group?
19+ years of global experience
Everything we do is grounded in proven, research-based methodologies to ensure a collaborative experience for extraordinary, sustainable results
Since 1999, we've trained over 7,000 Executives & Champions; 12,000 Green Belts & Lean Leaders; 4,300 Black Belts and 200 Master Black Belts
About Lean Methods Group
Lean Methods Group
Lean Methods Group is a global management consulting ﬁrm specializing in the application of highly collaborative and methodical approaches to business performance improvement. Our business model is simple: we apply Lean methodologies to all aspects of our client's business. Through...
Contact this provider
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...