Practical and Painless Performance Reviews
Performance management is one of the most time-consuming and dreaded tasks of a supervisor. While it's easy to deliver good news about employee performance, it can be challenging and uncomfortable to deliver messages about poor performance.
In this workshop, learn how to master the art of delivering performance reviews by avoiding common errors and following best practices. Typically seen as an administrative task accomplished once a year, successful supervisors make it part of a process that is done intermittently to prevent a large arduous task.
In this highly engaging workshop, participants will have the opportunity to practice delivering and implementing what they've learned so that when they leave the classroom, they will have both the cognitive knowledge and the experiential, hands-on practice of the skills to apply immediately back in the workplace.
What You Will Cover:
- The secrets to success for delivering yearly performance reviews in a way that inspires
- 11 common pitfalls to avoid when dealing with performance management issues
- Active listening: The most important tool to master when delivering performance reviews
- How to effectively deal with resistance and anger
- How to Co-create performance plans with your employees that are effective and results-oriented
- Techniques for drawing out employees who present with apathetic, cynical, or resigned behaviors
- When and how to follow up with performance throughout the year to prevent the yearly performance review from being so challenging"
Course delivery details
From 10:00am - 5:00pm ET.
Available on-site programming.
Package pricing offered.
Why choose LDi?
Vast catalog of courses in professional and personal development
We dedicate our time to each client tailoring to their specific needs. Our core values speak for themselves.
Our instructors are subject matter experts with proven experience in their training topics.