Strategic planning is the first step to ensuring an organization’s success. However, successful strategic planning does not start with the plan and it does not end with the plan. In order to ensure strategic alignment, business projects, processes, and major operations must work together to contribute to the long-term success of the organization and its stakeholders.
This course in Strategic Planning will guide participants through a framework that helps define strategy selection, improves decision-making, formulates a plan, guides execution, ensures continual alignment, and identifies how to handle common pitfalls and challenges associated with strategic planning.
The framework for strategic planning can benefit all career levels as they continue to advance in their careers and become increasingly involved in formulating and executing on your organization’s mission.
Participants of the Strategic Planning course will learn:
- What is strategy
- The 5 Key phases of the strategic planning process, Assess, Design, Build, Implement, and Manage
- How to select and formulate a strategy for your organization or business unit
- What constitutes good/bad strategies
- Strategy vs Tactics
- A framework for conducting strategic plans
- How to effectively conduct intelligence gathering and due diligence
- The use of decision tools (2x2 Matrices, SWOT, PESTLE, and Five Forces Analysis)
- The Nine Point strategy
- Common downfalls in planning and execution
- Key strategy execution questions
- How organization and architecture effect execution
- Keys to implementation
- Planning for and dealing with Change
- The role of people
- The three levels of strategic alignment
- Alignment and Realignment
- How to be a Leader of strategy and a steward of strategy
- Understand and Manage Risk associated with your strategy
Participants will also receive a helpful worksheet template to apply to their strategic plans.
Lausanne Business Solutions (LBS)
Lausanne Business Solutions (LBS) provides research-based and expert delivered trainings in a variety of strategic employee and leadership development areas. Classes emphasize active-learning and are highly experiential. Our trainings facilitate real behavioral change and deliver increased individual and team performance....
Average rating 5Based on 4 reviews
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team