The Virtual Trainer - Live OnlineLangevin Learning Services Inc.
The Virtual Trainer - Live Online
All available course dates
The Virtual Trainer - Live Online
In just one short week, you’ll gain the skills and confidence you need to successfully facilitate synchronous virtual training within your organization. In The Virtual Trainer (train-the-trainer) workshop, you’ll learn how to apply effective speaking skills to engage your learners, how to “read” learners in a virtual environment, best practices for co-teaching with a producer, how to calmly handle unexpected issues in the virtual classroom, communication skills, and so much more!
This workshop is delivered in a live online format and is also available as company specific/exclusive virtual session. For programs held or attended in Canada, listed prices will be charged in CAD. Please contact Langevin for more details.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
For trainers who are currently delivering, or expected to deliver, synchronous/virtual classroom training. The workshop is also recommended for instructional designers/developers who want to gain a solid understanding of the unique needs that apply to the virtual classroom. Note: While it isn’t mandatory, we do recommend you have fundamental knowledge and experience with instructor-led training techniques.
- Prepare to be a VC trainer.
- Start a course.
- Engage learners.
- Present engaging visuals.
- Employ effective speaking skills.
- Read the group and adjust to their needs.
- Ask and answer questions.
- Use synchronous software tools.
- Co-teach with a producer.
- Manage scheduling and timing issues.
- Deal with difficult behaviors.
- Handle unexpected issues in the virtual classroom.
- Close out the session/course.
- Prepare for online delivery.
What you will learn
This workshop will show you how to leverage, adapt, and transition your skills and experience as a traditional classroom trainer to the virtual classroom (VC). Throughout the first four sessions you will have the opportunity to use the synchronous tools while practicing the core delivery skills of a virtual trainer. These practice opportunities are designed to progressively build your skills and confidence towards your final 10-minute teaching session during session 5.
- The 3 most important steps to becoming a virtual trainer.
- Starting a virtual course “on the right foot.”
- 6 proven tips to engage your learners throughout the course.
- How to build rapport in the virtual classroom.
- 7 practical tips for presenting engaging visuals.
- How to interact with your visuals.
- Why your voice is your most important asset in the virtual classroom.
- How to project confidence and enthusiasm with your voice.
- How to paint a vivid picture with descriptive language.
- 35 tips and techniques to perfect your voice for online delivery.
- How to read learners (if you can’t see them).
- The art of asking powerful questions in the virtual classroom.
- How to tell when a learner has a question.
- 4 fundamental approaches for answering learners’ questions.
- How to minimize going off topic.
- The importance of having a producer.
- Why you should avoid teaching solo in the virtual classroom.
- How to be in-tune with your producer.
- Best practices for co-teaching with a producer.
- How to prevent scheduling conflicts.
- 15 tips to stay on schedule and avoid time wasters.
- How to prevent problem behaviors before they erupt.
- 10 great tips for separating the problem behavior from the learner.
- An arsenal of techniques for handling problem people.
- When to intervene (and when not to).
- How to apply a simple yet effective intervention approach.
- 5 effective techniques for mitigating unexpected issues.
- What to do when technical issues arise.
- How to deal with just about any and every technical glitch.
- The best way to prepare your learners for virtual courses.
- Why a troubleshooting guide is so critical.
- How to stay calm when it seems impossible.
- The most common issues for a new VC trainer and how to overcome them.
- 12 tips for ending a virtual session smoothly.
- A structured step-by-step plan to prepare yourself for every online delivery.
- How to run proper rehearsals before you go live.
- The factors to consider when building contingencies into your lesson plan.
- How to deal with unexpected timing, flow, and content-related issues.
- 7 simple steps for closing out a course.
- 10 key “survival” tips for the virtual trainer.
- Apply what you have learned by facilitating a 10-minute teaching session.
- Give feedback to your peers on the performance of their teaching session.
- Receive feedback from your peers and the instructor.
- Wrap up the workshop!
Note: Additional after-hours practice opportunities in the virtual classroom will be available for learners to schedule between sessions 1 and 5.
Why choose Langevin Learning Services Inc.?
35+ years helping learning professionals achieve success in their careers
20,000+ people have achieved Langevin's professional trainer certification
82% of Fortune 500 companies send their trainers to Langevin
About Langevin Learning Services Inc.
Langevin Learning Services Inc.
For more than 35 years, Langevin has been a provider of highly renowned workshops, professional certifications, and products for trainers and business professionals. They are committed to providing practical, real-world, performance-based workshops and products guaranteed to set you up for...
Average rating 5Based on 34 reviews.
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...