The Successful Training Manager - Live OnlineLangevin Learning Services Inc.
The Successful Training Manager - Live Online
All available course dates
The Successful Training Manager - Live Online
The Successful Training Manager train-the-trainer workshop is geared toward training managers and training directors who want to take their training department to a higher level of performance. Learn how to align your training function with the needs of your organization by providing cost-effective, first-class training. This workshop also focuses on leadership and communication skills and provides numerous tools and resources to assist you in managing every aspect of the training function from needs analysis and instructional design to delivery and evaluation.
This workshop is delivered in a live online format and is also available as on-site (in person)/company specific/exclusive virtual session. For programs held or attended in Canada, listed prices will be charged in CAD. Please contact Langevin for more details.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
For new training managers (with or without a staff) who need to learn the basics of establishing and running a training department.
- Translate the organization’s strategic objectives into training department objectives.
- Write a mission statement for the training function.
- Establish policies to focus training activities and guide decision-making.
- Create strategic and operational training plans.
- Develop a strategic training budget to support organizational objectives.
- Manage the needs analysis process.
- Select the most appropriate training strategies.
- Calculate the costs and benefits of training programs.
- Manage the design of training programs.
- Deal with instructional design challenges.
- Prioritize course content to meet tight deadlines.
- Manage the delivery of training programs.
- Coach trainers to higher levels of performance.
- Manage the course evaluation process.
- Staff a highly effective training team.
- Assess the core competencies of your staff.
- Apply a competency-based hiring approach.
- Select the best vendors and consultants.
What you will learn
- 7-step process for setting the strategic direction of the training function.
- How to match your department’s mission statement to the organization’s mission statement.
- How to align training and organizational goals.
- Tips for dealing with senior management.
- A simple bottom-up approach to forecasting training needs.
- An easy-to-use course audit checklist.
- How to influence budgeting decisions.
- 7 proven budgeting techniques.
- Time-saving methods for estimating program costs.
- How to market yourself and your department.
- 10 questions to define the role of training.
- How to cut costs and spend wisely.
- How to manage an effective needs analysis process.
- The most critical steps for the training manager.
- How to develop your staff’s needs analysis competencies.
- How to pinpoint a true training need.
- Guidelines for selecting the best training strategy: traditional, e-learning, or both?
- How to conduct a solid cost-benefit analysis.
- Tips for making that build versus buy decision.
- How to confidently guarantee a return on investment (ROI).
- How to deal with the biggest design challenges.
- A step-by-step procedure for estimating course design time.
- Industry-accepted design time ratios for both traditional and e-learning strategies.
- Short-cuts when deadlines are tight.
- Tips, tools, and techniques for assessing instructional design deliverables.
- How to deal with scope creep.
- 20 tips to minimize the challenges of working with subject matter experts (SMEs).
- A comprehensive course effectiveness checklist.
- How to manage and develop top-notch instructional designers.
- How to record, track, and assess instructor performance.
- 15 skills of effective instructors.
- The most common instructor problems and how to correct them.
- A coaching action plan to deal with performance issues.
- 14 proven coaching interventions.
- Detailed feedback forms for both instructors and e-facilitators.
- How to assess instructor burnout potential.
- A realistic approach to managing the evaluation process.
- How to secure organizational support from executives and employees.
- A decision matrix for selecting data collection instruments.
- How to build your staff’s skills and confidence in evaluation techniques.
- A checklist for planning a successful evaluation.
- THAT question: to ROI or not?
- How to monitor your department’s effectiveness (even if you’re not a training expert).
- Tips for selecting the best trainers and designers.
- A worksheet for managing staffing requirements.
- How to build competency-based hiring profiles.
- A template for developing competency-based interview questions.
- When to use vendors and consultants.
- A 30-point checklist for assessing vendors and e-learning courses.
Why choose Langevin Learning Services Inc.?
35+ years helping learning professionals achieve success in their careers
20,000+ people have achieved Langevin's professional trainer certification
82% of Fortune 500 companies send their trainers to Langevin
About Langevin Learning Services Inc.
Langevin Learning Services Inc.
For more than 35 years, Langevin has been a provider of highly renowned workshops, professional certifications, and products for trainers and business professionals. They are committed to providing practical, real-world, performance-based workshops and products guaranteed to set you up for...
Average rating 5Based on 8 reviews.
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...