Lead Meetings with Purpose - Live OnlineLangevin Learning Services Inc.
Lead Meetings with Purpose - Live Online
All available course dates
Lead Meetings with Purpose: Key Skills for Virtual and In-Person Meetings - Live Online
This performance-based workshop will provide you with a structured meeting process that can be used for both virtual and in-person meetings. Learn how to determine when a meeting is necessary and, when it is, ensure it has a clear objective and purpose. Numerous practice exercises will allow you to both lead, and participate in, mini-meeting opportunities where you will use fundamental facilitation tools to generate and organize ideas, analyze and prioritize ideas, and make decisions.
This workshop is delivered in a live online format and is also available as company specific/exclusive virtual session. For programs held or attended in Canada, listed prices will be charged in CAD. Please contact Langevin for more details.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
For anyone who needs the fundamental skills and knowledge to be an effective leader of virtual or in-person meetings.
- Determine if a meeting is necessary.
- Prepare for the meeting.
- Select the appropriate facilitation tools.
- Open the meeting.
- Apply idea-generating facilitation tools.
- Apply prioritizing and analyzing facilitation tools.
- Apply decision-making facilitation tools.
- Employ effective speaking skills.
- Apply active listening skills.
- Document meeting information.
- Manage challenging behaviors.
- Close the meeting.
What you will learn
- How to distinguish between the process and the content of a meeting.
- How to determine if a meeting is even necessary.
- A structured facilitation process that guarantees success every time.
- 4 critical areas to consider when planning a meeting (with a comprehensive planning worksheet to document the details).
- How to ensure there is a meaningful purpose for your meeting.
- How to recognize the importance of your meeting objectives.
- How to write the objectives properly.
- What criteria you should consider when selecting facilitation tools to accomplish your meeting objective.
- How to select the most suitable tools for your meeting.
- 15 simple tools to generate and organize ideas.
- 15 practical tools to analyze and prioritize ideas.
- 15 proven tools to make decisions.
- A detailed process worksheet to document the critical information for all four phases of the meeting process.
- What to include in the agenda.
- 8 steps to open your meeting effectively.
- Why you should establish ground rules.
- Tips to help you effectively manage time and adhere to your agenda.
- 12 tips to improve your speaking skills.
- 2 types of questions to promote participation.
- Active listening skills are guaranteed to encourage communication.
- 5 techniques to improve your non-verbal communication skills.
- 6 tips to help you remain neutral without appearing apathetic.
- How to document information so that it supports the meeting objectives.
- How to recognize challenging behaviors.
- Tips and strategies to prevent challenging behaviors.
- 9 steps to deal with conflict during the meeting.
- A comprehensive checklist for closing out the meeting.
- A simple, yet thorough, end-of-meeting report to summarize the meeting.
- Samples of formal and informal methods for evaluating the success of your meeting.
- Lead and participate in multiple mini-meeting practice opportunities.
- Practice all workshop skills and a variety of tools from the Meeting Facilitation Toolkit in an end-of-workshop simulated meeting.
- Receive feedback from your peers.
- Practice giving feedback on peer performance.
Why choose Langevin Learning Services Inc.?
35+ years helping learning professionals achieve success in their careers
20,000+ people have achieved Langevin's professional trainer certification
82% of Fortune 500 companies send their trainers to Langevin
About Langevin Learning Services Inc.
Langevin Learning Services Inc.
For more than 35 years, Langevin has been a provider of highly renowned workshops, professional certifications, and products for trainers and business professionals. They are committed to providing practical, real-world, performance-based workshops and products guaranteed to set you up for...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...