Instructional Techniques for New Instructors - Live OnlineLangevin Learning Services Inc.
Instructional Techniques for New Instructors - Live Online
All available course dates
Instructional Techniques for New Instructors - Live Online
This Instructional Techniques for New Instructors train-the-trainer workshop provides the key “survival” skills you need as a new instructor. Build your communication skills and confidence as you practice delivering a real-world training session. Along the way, you’ll receive specific feedback from the instructor and your peers. You’ll leave the course with a recording of your performance, feedback forms, and suggestions for improvement. Expect the most highly participative and interactive course you’ve ever attended! This course has been approved by Microsoft® for the presentation skills component of Microsoft® Certified Trainer (MCT).
This workshop is delivered in a live online format and is also available as on-site/company specific/exclusive virtual session. For programs held or attended in Canada, listed prices will be charged in CAD. Please contact Langevin for more details.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
For trainers (and people asked to train) who have less than one year of experience in course delivery and who have no formal training in instructional techniques.
- Apply principles of adult learning.
- Write instructional objectives.
- Start a course with high impact.
- Determine course content.
- Select instructional methods.
- Deliver lectures properly.
- Develop exercises and tests.
- Administer exercises and tests.
- Give demonstrations.
- Establish an effective relationship with learners.
- Hold participants’ attention and interest.
- Obtain and give feedback on learner progress.
- Employ effective speaking skills.
- Handle problem participants and situations.
- Ask and answer questions properly.
- “Read” the group and adjust to their needs.
- Manage time effectively during instruction.
- Deal with your own nervousness and anxiety.
- Promote learner participation.
- Establish a good climate for learning.
- Apply techniques to increase learner motivation.
- Build fun into your courses (without going too far).
- Use small-group activities effectively.
- Set up a classroom properly.
- Use audio-visual aids professionally.
Although this course is for instructors rather than designers, note that 4 of the objectives listed focus on design. We consider it essential for instructors to know how to apply fundamental design principles.
What you will learn
- The most common issues for new instructors and how to overcome them.
- How to minimize nervousness and anxiety.
- How to project confidence.
- 7 vital facts about how adults learn.
- Over 25 tips on speaking skills.
- When to be dynamic and energetic versus relaxed and easy-going.
- How to create a great climate for learning.
- How to build rapport with your learners.
- Techniques to improve your vocal inflection.
- How to use gestures to reinforce your message.
- 14 tips for a dynamic speaking style.
- How to sustain eye contact with learners.
- Non-verbal cues and how to deal with them.
- What to do about your personal mannerisms.
- How to ask questions.
- The best type of question and the one type of question to avoid.
- 7 tips for answering questions professionally.
- What to do if you don’t know an answer.
- How to handle incorrect answers.
- A proven approach for starting a course on the right track.
- How to make a strong first impression.
- The common pitfalls in lecturing and how to avoid them.
- How to give polished demonstrations.
- Tips (and practice) in leading a discussion.
- 8 laws of classroom motivation.
- How to increase learners’ enthusiasm.
- Simple techniques to get everyone to participate.
- How to create and maintain a fun learning environment.
- Tips for giving proper feedback to learners.
- Simple ways to read a group.
- How to use notes and lesson plans.
- What to do when learners have varied backgrounds.
- Our 8 favorite icebreakers.
- Tips for keeping learners alert and energized.
- How to make sure learners succeed.
- What to do when learners don’t get it.
- How to get rave reviews from learners every time!
- An easy-to-use 6-step strategy for structuring your courses.
- How a lesson should flow.
- All you need to know about course objectives.
- How to spot weak objectives.
- How to write objectives properly.
- 7 WIIFM techniques for presenting benefits to learners.
- A simple method for determining course content.
- The type of content that should not be included in a course.
- How to ensure learners practice what they learn.
- 50 instructional methods you can use.
- How to select the most appropriate instructional methods.
- The best way to provide feedback to learners.
- Guidelines for conducting meaningful reviews and summaries.
- 14 tips to stay on schedule and avoid time wasters.
- How to handle the “too much content, not enough time” dilemma.
- 15 tips for setting up a classroom properly.
- The best set-up for enhancing participation.
- How to use visual aids effectively.
- The do’s and don’ts of multimedia slides.
- The top 10 flipchart techniques.
- When to use handouts.
- An arsenal of techniques for handling problem people.
- How to stay in control during difficult situations.
- How to decrease the amount of instructor talk.
- How to prepare a post-course report for your supervisor.
- Tips for assessing your overall strengths and weaknesses as an instructor.
- A quick method for getting learner feedback on your performance.
- How to make dull material interesting
1799 USD - 3 days in person
2399 USD - 5 days (~2-2.5 hours/day) live online
Why choose Langevin Learning Services Inc.?
35+ years helping learning professionals achieve success in their careers
20,000+ people have achieved Langevin's professional trainer certification
82% of Fortune 500 companies send their trainers to Langevin
About Langevin Learning Services Inc.
Langevin Learning Services Inc.
For more than 35 years, Langevin has been a provider of highly renowned workshops, professional certifications, and products for trainers and business professionals. They are committed to providing practical, real-world, performance-based workshops and products guaranteed to set you up for...
Contact this provider
Average rating 5Based on 14 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...