How to Influence People and EventsLangevin Learning Services Inc.
How to Influence People and Events
All available course dates
How to Influence People and Events
This How to Influence People and Events workshop is designed for both training and non-training professionals. Regardless of your background or position within your organization, this workshop shows you how to effectively influence others. It gives you a step-by-step influence process and the confidence needed to produce consistent results and ensure win-win outcomes. Learn how to work collaboratively with colleagues, peers, and upper management to accomplish any objective.
This workshop is available as on-site/company specific. For programs held or attended in Canada, listed prices will be charged in CAD. Please contact Langevin for more details.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
For anyone (not just trainers) who wants to use ethical influencing skills to advance themselves, their department, and their organization. Whether you’re in HR, Sales & Marketing, IT, or Operations, this workshop will elevate your influencing skills so you can attain win-win outcomes for all parties involved.
- Manage your sphere of influence in the organization.
- Identify key individuals to influence.
- Assess your professional image, working relationships, and power base.
- Expand your power base to gain positive results.
- Set a realistic and achievable influence objective.
- Determine the right time and right person to approach.
- Assess the likelihood of a successful influencing interaction.
- Select a strategic course of action.
- Build a persuasive case that will generate win-win outcomes.
- Tailor your case to your audience’s influence preferences.
- Present facts, ideas, and concerns persuasively.
- Gauge individuals’ reactions to refine your influence approach.
- Apply specific strategies to deal with challenging people.
- Assess the outcomes of each influencing interaction.
What you will learn
Manage Your Sphere of Influence
- How to maximize your capacity to get things done.
- Tips for assessing key relationships as a foundation for successful influencing.
- How to identify the scope of people you can reach.
- The boundaries of your influence.
- 3 facets of your professional image.
- How to project the best image you possibly can.
- A comprehensive 30-item checklist to assess your work relationships.
- How to determine your current power base.
- Over 75 tips to expand your earned power.
- How to apply power without jeopardizing your relationships.
Develop Your Strategy
- How to persuade others to take action – through commitment rather than compliance.
- Proven techniques for building a compelling win-win case.
- A simple 5-step technique for setting a realistic and achievable objective.
- When to proceed with your objective – and when to hold back.
- How to identify the decision-maker and all the key players.
- How to evaluate your professional and personal relationship with the decision-maker.
- 10 tips for determining the best order in which to approach individuals.
- 18 critical questions to determine the consequences of pursuing your objective.
- How to use earned power strategically.
- The 5 most effective strategic courses of action.
Build Your Case
- The 5 key influence strategies.
- How to create a simple yet effective action plan for moving forward.
- A 4-step worksheet for planning a successful influencing interaction.
- A 6-step worksheet to build a persuasive case.
- 11 logical thinking hazards.
- 10 quick tips for perfecting the presentation of your points.
- Over 20 tips to build the most persuasive case.
- 5 techniques for writing persuasive points.
- How to anticipate possible objections.
Present Your Case
- How to convince others to buy into decisions without pulling rank.
- 16 tips to enhance your verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- How to speak the other person’s language and get your message across with impact.
- How to instantly establish rapport.
- Tips for listening to others with interest and empathy.
- How to state your purpose “with purpose.”
- Powerful questions that probe for hidden facts and buried opinions.
- How to gauge an individual’s positive and negative reactions to your ideas.
- How to tailor a response without losing the essence of your message.
- A handy memory jogger for interpreting body language.
- How to present your views in a persuasive way, using both logic and vision.
- The 4 main levels of resistance.
- How to effectively embrace resistance and turn a situation around.
- Effective strategies for dealing with the 6 types of challenging behaviors.
- 6 easy steps to end a discussion with clear and concrete “to do” items.
Why choose Langevin Learning Services Inc.?
35+ years helping learning professionals achieve success in their careers
20,000+ people have achieved Langevin's professional trainer certification
82% of Fortune 500 companies send their trainers to Langevin
About Langevin Learning Services Inc.
Langevin Learning Services Inc.
For more than 35 years, Langevin has been a provider of highly renowned workshops, professional certifications, and products for trainers and business professionals. They are committed to providing practical, real-world, performance-based workshops and products guaranteed to set you up for...
Contact this provider
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews.
Fantastic workshop for trainers and non-trainers alike. Great takeaways for your professional and personal relationships. Well done! Excellent materials and set-up. Lots of solid content but never dull because of the variety of teaching methodologies employed.
Langevin courses have had a huge impact on my current role as a mentor and trainer. This class was amazing! I learned so many new techniques, the course leader was an exceptional role model, and the course content has been a great help.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team