From Traditional to Virtual Classroom - Live OnlineLangevin Learning Services Inc.
From Traditional to Virtual Classroom - Live Online
All available course dates
From Traditional to Virtual Classroom - Live Online
This essential “how-to” train-the-trainer workshop, From Traditional to Virtual Classroom, provides you with a step-by-step process for converting a traditional, classroom-based course to an engaging, performance-based virtual classroom training program. You’ll learn how to determine the suitability of a course for conversion, audit the instructor-led training content, adapt existing methods to the virtual classroom, and select the most powerful tools to make the content interactive and engaging in a virtual environment.
This workshop is delivered in a live online format and is also available as on-site/company specific/exclusive virtual session. For programs held or attended in Canada, listed prices will be charged in CAD. Please contact Langevin for more details.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
For instructional designers who are expected to convert traditional, instructor-led training programs to virtual classroom courses. Participants should have fundamental knowledge and experience with instructional design principles and at least one year of experience in designing training specifically for the virtual classroom. This workshop is also aimed at training managers who want to gain a solid understanding of the design considerations for converting traditional courses to the virtual classroom.
- Determine suitability for conversion.
- Determine constraints that directly impact the conversion.
- Determine timing parameters.
- Create a virtual classroom schedule that meets the timing parameters.
- Conduct a preliminary review of the instructor-led training content.
- Determine how content will be practiced in the virtual classroom.
- Choose engaging, interactive methods and tools for the virtual classroom.
- Design the virtual classroom methods.
- Structure the virtual classroom workshop.
- Create user-friendly course materials.
Note: This workshop is delivered using the Adobe Connect platform, however the content has been designed to apply to a wide variety of virtual classroom platforms.
What you will learn
- Misconceptions about converting traditional instructor-led training (ILT) to the virtual classroom (VC).
- Best practices for building successful virtual classroom training.
- Key conversion considerations that fit within the Langevin 12-step design process.
- How to determine whether an ILT program is a suitable candidate for conversion.
- Key criteria that identify if the virtual classroom is the right fit.
- A comprehensive list of 43 constraints to consider before you start converting.
- The 10 most critical constraints that can impact virtual training.
- A simple worksheet to help determine the initial timing parameters for the training.
- Tips for renegotiating timing constraints when the success of the conversion is at risk.
- How to estimate a VC course schedule that won’t compromise the original ILT content.
- What to look for when conducting an initial review of the ILT course materials.
- Considerations that can impact the learners’ success in the virtual classroom.
- How to address potential resistance to the virtual training environment.
- A comprehensive worksheet for auditing the existing ILT course materials and documenting notes for conversion.
- The 3 fundamental phases of instruction (regardless of the delivery medium used).
- How to identify commonly used presentation and application methods in the ILT materials.
- When it is necessary to write a new objective for the virtual classroom course.
- How to identify which ILT practice activities and exercises can/cannot be converted to the VC.
- The most commonly used tools in the virtual classroom.
- The top 20 instructional methods used in the virtual classroom and 30+ creative variations.
- An indispensable selection grid for VC methods and tools.
- When to select different methods for more engaging presentation of content in the virtual classroom.
- How to select methods and tools to design highly interactive application in the virtual environment.
- Factors to consider when choosing the VC tools that enable strong engagement and interactivity.
- How to determine which ILT content/materials can be repurposed in the virtual classroom.
- A guided worksheet to design new methods for the virtual classroom.
- How to estimate the timing of the virtual classroom course.
- How to convert an ILT lesson plan to a VC lesson plan for both a facilitator and producer.
- How to modify evaluation methods/materials for the virtual classroom course.
Why choose Langevin Learning Services Inc.?
35+ years helping learning professionals achieve success in their careers
20,000+ people have achieved Langevin's professional trainer certification
82% of Fortune 500 companies send their trainers to Langevin
About Langevin Learning Services Inc.
Langevin Learning Services Inc.
For more than 35 years, Langevin has been a provider of highly renowned workshops, professional certifications, and products for trainers and business professionals. They are committed to providing practical, real-world, performance-based workshops and products guaranteed to set you up for...
Contact this provider
Average rating 5Based on 15 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...