HazwoperLancaster Safety Consulting, Inc.
All available course dates
What is HAZWOPER Training?
HAZWOPER stands for Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response. Hazardous waste that is toxic, flammable or corrosive can cause fires, explosions and pollution and can be extremely harmful if they are not properly treated and disposed of. Employees that work with hazardous waste need to have training according to OSHA’s regulations.
Who should attend?
Who Needs HAZWOPER Training?
If you’re employees work or are involved with any of the following five categories (perOSHA),they will need HAZWOPER training:
- Clean-up operations — required by a governmental body, whether federal, state, local, or other involving hazardous substances — that are conducted at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites;
- Corrective actions involving clean-up operations at sites covered by theResource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976 (RCRA)as amended (42 U.S.C. 6901 et seq.);
- Voluntary clean-up operations at sites recognized by federal, state, local, or other governmental body as uncontrolled hazardous waste sites;
- Operations involving hazardous wastes that are conducted at treatment, storage, and disposal facilities regulated byTitle 40 Code of Federal RegulationsParts 264 and 265 pursuant to RCRA, or by agencies under agreement with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to implement RCRA regulations; and
- Emergency response operations for releases of, or substantial threats of releases of, hazardous substances regardless of the location of the hazard.
Course delivery details
On a hazardous waste site that has many site specific peculiarities the employer may need to train employees beyond the 40 or 24 hour minimum set by the standard.
About Lancaster Safety
Lancaster Safety Consulting, Inc.
Lancaster Safety is an OSHA VPP Star Site and nationwide OSHA-compliance consulting firm that helps clients train employees, comply with OSHA rules, and inspire their organization to take safety beyond the standard. Our passionate, experienced, and professional team can help...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...