Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification from JMU demonstrates to an employer that you are trained in advanced problem-solving skills and the statistical tools necessary to effectively lead process improvement. Certified Black Belts directly impact an organization’s bottom line. As one of the elite few who pursue this certificate, a Master Black Belt-certified instructor will provide you with advanced understanding of team dynamics, as well as how to improve a team’s leadership skills and competently assign roles and responsibilities to team members.
Who should attend?
To register for JMU’s Black Belt program, you will need to have completed either JMU’s Green Belt program or an offering of similar intensity.
- Implement Six Sigma philosophies, principles, and related systems and tools; describe their impact on various business processes
- Recognize organizational roadblocks and use change management techniques
- Define benchmarking and utilize various financial and other business performance measures
- Identify customer requirements and describe the impact that Six Sigma projects may have on various types of customers
- Demonstrate understanding of project charter elements and use various tools to track progress
- Demonstrate basic understanding of data collection techniques, process elements, and process analysis tools
- Perform hypothesis testing and analyze results
- Design experiments and analyze results
- Develop control plans and use various tools to maintain and sustain improvements
- Assign team members roles and responsibilities
Course delivery details
This 8-week class combines self-paced learning with live, instructor-led online training. Instructor-led classes meet each Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30pm-9:00pm, EST.
*10% discount available to JMU Lean Six Sigma Green Belt graduates.
Certification / Credits
The value of enrolling in our online Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course extends beyond the all-inclusive program format. Along with passing the final exam, you must complete a project in order to demonstrate your ability to apply Black Belt principles. These two components will prepare you to effectively apply Lean Six Sigma Black Belt concepts at your respective company. Not sure if you will have a project idea for class? That’s okay, our instructor will assist you with project ideas.
Contact this provider
JMU Professional & Continuing Education | Online Learning Focused on Expanding Your Opportunities
Professional & Continuing Education (PCE) serves traditional and non-traditional students, offering access to higher education and support in the community. Professional & Continuing Education advances JMU's vision by responding to individual, business, and community needs through transformative educational programs and experiences....