Effective Communication in a Virtual Workplace
This Interpersonal Communication in a Virtual World course is designed to enhance the students’ ability to effectively communicate, both in-person and working virtually, with their peers, clients, management, vendors, staff and others by expanding their knowledge of communication-based concepts, techniques, and best practices.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Self-awareness and self-management
- Social awareness and relationship management
Merrill & Reid Social Styles
Accuracy, clarification, completeness, relevance, etc.
- Traditional active listening topology
- Caring-based listening topology
Virtual communication types and effectiveness
Action, informational, etc.
Virtual Technology Best Practices
- Synchronous communication tools
- Asynchronous communication tools
Problem Solving Listening Framework
Person, topic, delivery, and setting
- Your written legacy
- Tips When Writing Emails
- Ways to enhance your email efficiency
Certification / Credits
Upon completion of the Effective Communication in a Virtual Workplace course, students will be able to:
- Use emotional intelligence concepts to their professional advantage
- Strategically select the best communication medium when working virtually
- Use structured questioning techniques to fact finding and other workplace-related discussions
- Apply structured listening techniques to gain deeper understanding of problems and issues
- Maximize the value of personal and professional interactions
Contact this provider
IT Management and Leadership Institute
Founded in 2009, the IT Management and Leadership Institute is a leading provider of IT leadership, interpersonal communication and business skills training. It is also the governing body of two certifications in IT management: Information Technology Management and Leadership Professional...