Criminal Psychology Course
The Criminal Psychology course provides an opportunity to interact with and learn from very successful, highly qualified and experienced professionals. It will assist you in entering a fast growing profession.
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career and obtain valuable training in criminal psychology
- Learn the inside secrets of criminal psychology in months not years!
- Study a criminal psychology course that was designed in conjunction with senior members of the profession
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as $39 per week
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
There are no previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level.
Criminal Psychology – An Introduction
- Definition of Crime and Three Views of Crime
- The Breadth of Criminal Psychology
- Functions of a Criminal Psychologist
- Understanding Court Procedures and the Correctional System
Comprehending Crimes through Psychology
- Crime and the Human Body
- Influences of Family and Environment
- Nature vs. Nurture
- Rational Action Theory
Crime and Mental Disability
- Intelligence Testing
- Offenders and Learning Disabilities
- Treatment for Mental Disorders
Aggression and Severe Crimes
- Characteristics and Types of Aggressive Behaviour
- The Society’s Role in Human Aggression
- Other Factors behind Aggression (Depression, Substance Abuse etc)
- Theories Used in Criminal Psychology (Motivational, Freudian etc)
Age and Gender Studies in Relation to Crime
- Crime Statistics and Case Studies
- Domestic Violence, Sexual Abuse and Prostitution
- Criminal Responsibility and Age
- Women and Youth Victims
How the Police Uses Psychology
- Crime Reports
- Gathering Research
- Eye Witness Testimonies and Schemas
- Police Line ups
- Social Cognition and the Primacy Effect
- Law and Psychology
- Effects of Media in Crime Reporting
- Characteristics of Defendants and Lawyers
Prevention and Punishment of Crimes
- Curbing Crime Rate
- Punishment Types and History
- Grounds for Punishment
- Objectivity and Fairness
Course delivery details
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Certification / Credits
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of criminal psychology studies and training
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipCrimPsych
Criminal Psychology related work is found both in public and private establishments. Potential employment opportunities related to your training could be found in the following professions:
- Probation / Rehabilitation
- Forensics / Police / Private Investigator
- Welfare officers
- Youth workers
- Support workers
- Legal research / Paralegal
Why choose ICI?
98% happy with tutorial support
91% would recommend to a friend
Free careers service
Start your new career today with ICI's Distance Learning & Home Study courses
The International Career Institute (ICI), provides career development online courses for individuals and businesses, helping professionals across all industries to build and improve their skills and career performance. The International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading provider of distance education. Using...