Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) Initial- Category 6- 5-Day Course
Safety is paramount in the aviation industry: Ensure that you know how to read and apply the regulations for the transport of dangerous goods by air. These regulations include legal requirements, operational restrictions, packaging instructions, marking, labeling, and documentation to ensure the safe transportation of these goods. Gain the competencies to accept, handle and process shipments containing dangerous goods according to the current edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) manual.
Who should attend?
Professionals in the following roles will benefit from this course:
- Airline cargo acceptance and cargo agency staff
- Cargo operations and ground handling staff
- Station managers responsible for the safe transport of dangerous goods
- Shippers, cargo agents, consolidators, freight forwarders
- Instructional designers and instructors of DGR
The training content for Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) Initial - Category 6 addresses the following topics:
- Interpret and review the current IATA DGR manual
- Responsibilities of operator and shipper
- Excepted and limited quantities
- State and operators’ variations
- Classification and identification
- Packaging, marking, and labeling requirements
- Shipment of radioactive materials
- Loading, storage and inspection and emergency procedures
- Air waybill, Shipper’s Declaration for Dangerous Goods, and Notification to Captain
The cost for this Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) Initial - Category 6 course is $1,800.
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) serves as the trade association for the world’s airlines, representing some 260 airlines or 83% of total air traffic. IATA also supports many areas of aviation activity and play an integral role in helping to shape industry...