Covert InvestigationInforma Connect
All available course dates
An innovative and ground-breaking course that offers insight into the world of covert investigation and intelligence
Gain a solid understanding of the many challenges and opportunities facing the intelligence and covert investigative community today
- Module 1 - Human Intelligence: HUMINT
- Module 2 - Forensic Elicitation of Intelligence
- Module 3 - Covert Techniques: Legislation and Operational Capability
- Module 4 - Research Methods
- Module 5 - Case Studies in Intelligence Success and Failure
- Module 6 - Operational Ethics
- Module 7 - Intelligence Analysis
- Module 8 - Investigative Interviewing
- Module 9 - Disclosure
- Module 10 - Intelligence Sharing and Cooperation
- Module 11 - Intelligence Oversight Mechanisms
- Module 12 - Covert Investigation and Specialist Intelligence Dissertation
Course delivery details
When does it start and how long is the course?
We offer one start date per academic year (September).
The programme must be completed within:
- PGCert: 11 months
- PGDip: 22 months
- MSc: 27 months
Price for 2022
- Postgraduate Certificate: £3,495 / $4,720
- Postgraduate Diploma: £5,995 / $8,095
- Masters: £7,995 / $10,795
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Categorise the global shipping industry, types of owners, ships and include key international trade routes
- List the Conventions; Codes; Guidelines and Standards that are relevant to crew manning
- The elements of SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, MLC that Crew Managers must be cognizant with
- Examine the international agreement for the repatriation, rehabilitation and counselling of abandoned seafarers.
- Construct plans for motivating your employees and to best develop leadership and management skills.
- Provide sufficient competent staff to safely and effectively operate your ships even in emergency situations.
- Demonstrate how seafarers’ claims should be handled.
- Interpret the fundamental financial documents of a Profit and Loss Balance Sheet and cash flow
- Interpret Contract Law and the Terms of Contract as it applies to crew management.
- Generate an argument for breaking the barrier of crews not having access to the internet at sea.
About Informa Connect
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team