Certificate in Maritime Law & Shipping Contracts
Study the legal frameworks behind international shipping, trade and transport.
Develop your knowledge of the international regulatory and contractual frameworks that underpin the maritime industry.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- The interactions of national legal systems in this field and the importance of English law
- The contractual frameworks with existing regulations and selective leading case law
- The correlations between marine insurance and other related areas e.g. credit system and international contracts of sale
- The solutions adopted by foreign jurisdictions and grasp the problem of competing jurisdictions and conflicts of laws
- The contribution of selected classic authorities to the legal treatment of the above-mentioned concepts
- The legal framework governing arbitration and alternative dispute resolution with the ways of access to courts
Course delivery details
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project
Book on or before 18 March 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1619.10 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
Book after 18 March 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1799 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
Certification / Credits
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
What you'll learn
- Module 1 - Function, Scope and Context of Maritime Law
- Module 2 - Carriage of Goods by Sea, Charterparties, Bills of Lading - Applicable Instruments and Standard Contracts
- Module 3 - Marine Insurance and International Contracts of Sale
- Module 4 - Admiralty Jurisdiction and Enforcement of Maritime Claims
- Module 5 - Salvage, General Average, Towage, Ports and Pilotage, Collisions and Limitation of Liability
- Module 6 - Dispute Resolution, Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Techniques including Commercial Mediation
Contact this provider
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...