Certificate in Fire Safety
Get the latest on fire safety regulations, operational requirements and how to deal with the realities of a fire on a vessel.
This course will provide a better understanding of International Fire Safety Systems (FSS) codes for marine professionals, highlight the special requirements of SOLAS, as well as addressing best practice when escaping a vessel in times of fire.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Module 1 - Prevention and Suppression of Fire & Explosion (SOLAS)
- Module 2 - Escape & Operation Requirements (SOLAS)
- Module 3 - Special Requirements (SOLAS)
- Module 4 - International Fire Safety Systems (FSS) code (Part 1)
- Module 5 - International Fire Safety Systems (FSS) Code (Part 2)
Course delivery details
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project
Book on or before 11 July 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1619.10 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
Book after 11 July 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1799 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
Certification / Credits
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
What you'll learn
- Causes of ignition, detection and alarm and the control and containment of fire
- An overview of crew and passenger safety, means of escape, operational readiness and maintenance as well as describing the necessary instructions, onboard training and drills
- The special requirements for a fire including; helicopter facilities, the carriage of dangerous goods, the protection of vehicle, special category and ro-ro spaces, how to deal with casualties as well as learning the design criteria for systems to remain operational after a fire casualty
- International shore connections, personnel protection, fire-extinguishing and fire-alarm systems
- The international fire safety systems code
Contact this provider
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...