Certificate in Essentials of Marine Surveying
An introduction to regulatory and survey practices.
Develop your understanding of marine surveying – for maritime professionals and potential surveyors.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Module 1 – Introduction to Marine Surveying
- Module 2 – Survey Organisations/ Statutory Bodies and the Roles which they Perform
- Module 3 – The Responsibilities of the Survey Companies, Surveyors, Owners and Crew
- Module 4 – Shoreside Surveys, Onboard Surveys and Surveys in Dry Dock
- Module 5 – Survey Types and How to Prepare for Them
- Module 6 – Ensuring Safety During Surveys
Course delivery details
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project
Price before or on 4 February 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1619.10 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
Price after 4 February 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1799 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
Certification / Credits
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
What you'll learn
- The background to the marine surveying industry
- The role of the survey organisations and the statutory bodies (regulatory bodies, class societies, etc) in marine surveying and why these are important for the marine surveyor.
- The responsibilities of the various parties involved in marine surveying activity; from the ship owner to the surveyor, the interaction between the surveyor and other parties, and how to avoid transfer of responsibility.
- The differences between surveying a vessel in different locations and in different conditions.
- How to prepare for the different types of survey, including Classification and Statutory surveys in their various guises.
- How do surveyors ensure that the survey is safe, and that it remains safe throughout its duration?
Contact this provider
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...