Finance professionals are charged to lead with the highest ethical standards. You’re well aware of the risks, including criminal and financial penalties, a damaged reputation, and loss of the public’s trust. You’re familiar with industry regulations and with your company’s compliance program. Yet, good people continue to make bad decisions. Ethical leadership requires more than simply being a good person and knowing the rules.
Go beyond compliance to learn how to build a culture of integrity. Prepare for key ethical dilemmas and develop the ability to make good ethical decisions with the Ethical Leadership for Finance Professionals Online Business Certificate.
Upcoming start dates
Contact School for Details
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This certificate is designed for mid-level managers who have the experience to recognize how ethical issues arise in business, who want to address those issues more comprehensively, and who want to build capacity for future leadership roles.
- Build an understanding of the risk-related imperative and often-overlooked strategic value of getting beyond ethics and compliance to a culture of integrity.
- Evaluate their decision-making and the decision-making of their teams, observing how ethical decisions are made and how they translate into ethical behavior.
- Obtain a sense of key issues confronting the particular industry from both legal and ethical standpoints.
- Understand the impact of ethical conduct that ranges far beyond check-the-box kinds of compliance-driven objectives.
- Understand the crucial paradox of sincerity: that the biggest payoff for ethical conduct occurs when the pursuit of ethics is done for its own good.
- Become familiar with ethics material and comfortable raising ethical issues in the workplace.
The curriculum is divided into four three-week courses, including:
- Course 1: Ethical Decision-Making Models and the Financial Industry
- Course 2: Continued Vignettes in the Financial Services Industry
- Course 3: CEO Perspectives, Within and Outside of the Financial Services Industry
- Course 4: Impact of Ethical Business Conduct
Course delivery details
This 12-week certificate offers a training model designed so that materials relevant to a particular industry are emphasized. The online, asynchronous training model is divided into four three-week modules.
Each week will feature a discussion forum and commentary from the professor. Participants choose whether they want to do group or individual work. Participants can also choose to work directly with the professor in the final module.
All four courses taken together cost $3,200 (USD).
Certification / Credits
To earn the certificate participants must complete all four modules, including reflection assignments and short essays.
Contact this provider
Indiana University - Kelley School of Business | For 100 years, innovation has shaped business education at Kelley.
For nearly 100 years, the Kelley School of Business has created momentum through foresight, innovation, and collaboration. That momentum has taken us from our first enrollment of 70 students in 1920 to more than 12,000 students today across 30 programs...