Omni-Channel UX Strategy and Innovation
This course focuses on the skills and knowledge also covered in the Certified User Experience Analyst (CXA)™ examination. Be empowered to contribute to your organization's strategic planning and thinking on user-centric strategies and product innovation.
Learn how to lead and direct research focused on developing new products, services, and business ideas. You will also learn how to maximize your Return on Investment (ROI) for innovation work and gain a clear understanding of what it takes to launch successful products in the market place.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire about virtual training for teams
Inquire about virtual training for teams
Who should attend?
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Who should attend
Those involved in design and development who want to move up to a strategic level of involvement. User experience (UX) practitioners, marketers, and ethnographers who want to impact product strategy and innovation from the UX perspective.
Breakthroughs Start Here!
Bigger is better
- An end to myopic user centricity
- The ROI of Big
- Innovative offerings
- This is the language of executives
- How to facilitate a unified vision
- Projecting the future
- Domain, brand, USP, market position, offerings, technology, channels
- Problem of breakthrough technology… what to do with it!
- An affordance decomposition defined
- How the list helps.
Different Lenses Help
Megatrends and lifestyle changes
- Introduction to megatrends
- The changing digital world
- Trends in finance
- Trends in healthcare
- Trends in communications
- Lifestyle changes
Usage and design trends
- New usage models evolve
- Usage trends—using them to understand your users
Business and product strategies
- Blue ocean
- Long tail
- Disruptive innovation
- N=1, R=G
- Other business models
Spy Work In Progress
Find your target
- Using segmentation models
- Inspirational v/s representative samples
- Is your target segment homogenous?
Know your users
- Culture probes
- Wearing an “ethnographer’s” glasses
- The value of user research
- Ethnography inspired methods and tools
- PET design—uncover the inner forces
- Research pitfalls
Assess your competition
- Constant monitoring of new product offerings
- Branding strategy
- Positioning strategy
- Pricing strategy
- Product bundling
- The unique UX contributions
Getting It In Your Head
- Grounded theory
- How to know a hot insight
- Affinity diagrams to sift the hay stack
- Cloud UX—the next generation of industrial strength UX work
- How to model big ecosystem charts
- DILO analysis
- What is an “opportunity” and where does it come from?
- Ecosystem view
- Psychographic view
- Translating user insights to opportunity points
- Documenting an opportunity point
- Understanding organizational strategy
- The 6 types of executive intent
- The UX role in supporting the executive
- When executive intent goes wrong
- Macro market models
- UX focused strategies—how radical customer centricity wins in the market
- PET opens the market
- Channel integration and coordination is old news — but you better get there
- Distinction between multi-channel and omni-channel
- Advanced digital strategies
- PET strategies
Killer Applications and Services
- Tie in to the strategies!
- Using the research
- Be lateral and disruptive
- Be organic and incremental
- The SCAMPER method
- Crowd sourcing
- What fraction of ideas work out?
- Modeling the concepts to pick the best
- HFI’s Three Circle Review
Concept validation and testing
- One-on-one interviews
- Focus groups
- Longitudinal studies
- “Bizarre Bazaar”
- Quantitative validation
- Taking your seat at the strategy table
Please contact the provider for pricing details
Certification / Credits
What you’ll learn
- Identifying and capitalizing on opportunities that will enable successful penetration of the market
- Analyzing the impact of trends and lifestyle changes on users to develop appropriate positioning and design of new products and services
- Capturing rich data that will enable in-depth understanding of the users and their ecosystems
- Synthesizing and co-relating data in a systemic way that will inspire innovative ideas
- Correlating design research, market understanding and business goals to define new markets, branding strategies, product positioning, and new business models
- Translating actionable insights to new product, service and business ideas that will have a positive impact on the lives of users
- Validating and testing new ideas to minimize risks and determine criteria that are important for success.
What you get
- Real-world examples and practical tips from our instructors who are also active UX consultants
- Hands-on individual and group exercises to ensure conceptual understanding
- Training package that includes:
- A comprehensive student manual
- Quick reference job aids
Why choose Human Factors International?
100,000+ professionals trained so far
8,500+ certified professionals worldwide
Global Leader in UX Consulting and Training
Contact this provider
Human Factors International
HFI specializes in providing practical user experience design training for everyone from new to advanced design professionals. To meet your career goals, Human Factors International (HFI) offers three certification tracks: Certified Usability Analyst (CUA)™ Certified User Experience Analyst (CXA)™ Certified...